Tuesday, February 26, 2008

GSC, Day #2

Breakfast Smoothie: 1/2 mango
2 handfuls baby spinach
approx. 1/4 cup blueberries
1 orange
1 cup water

Lunch Smoothie: 5 large strawberries
2 handfuls baby spinach
1 apple
1 cup water


This morning I tried to use up the rest of our fruit before going to the farm market for more, so the combination was kind of weird, but still good. This one was definitely more "earthy" than the others I've made thus far, it had a grassy flavor but was still sweet enough to taste good to me. It actually kept me pretty full until about 11:30, when I was suddenly very very hungry for lunch. I had intentions of having a pretty salad and then a smoothie for lunch, but I was too hungry to assemble the salad and opted for hommous and pita bread instead (not a bad choice as far as lunches go, but not the "raw before dinner" that I was going for). Once the hommous and pita settled my hunger, I made another smoothie. This one was not quite as filling, and now a couple hours later I am experiencing my typical afternoon sugar cravings. Luckily I bought lots of fruit this morning so I have that to snack on, but that doesn't make the Girl Scout cookies in the pantry any less tempting.

No comments: