Friday, January 25, 2008

a rough day

Today just isn't working out for me. The kids were crabby this morning, which really is understandable after an exciting birthday yesterday. I get, I really do, but it's still hard. Then I went to buy some supplies for the guitar cake I'm making tonight, bought two bags of powdered sugar, and of course one of them had a hole so everything else I bought, including a black shirt, is covered in powdered sugar. Still no big deal, right? On the way home, people were honking their horns at me and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. At the light I rolled down my window and a man in the car next to me yelled that my tire was flat. Great, I pulled into the next parking lot and sure enough, flat as a pancake. Still I kept my cool, drove slowly, and got home. I decided to get it fixed tomorrow when Nate would be home so I wouldn't have to drag the kids out. So Luka hasn't had a nap, Cas is stuffing everything he can find into his mouth, and I have a ton of things I need to do before the party tomorrow. I've become better at handling stress, but today I just feel defeated.

No comments: