Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chickpea Cutlets and Brobee

First, the cutlets...These are genius. It feels kind of weird to make the inaugural post on this blog about mashed chickpeas shaped into cutlets, but the blog title is "Peek Into the Mundane", after all.

The recipe is from "Veganomicon" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. We're having them for dinner tonight with mushroom gravy, mushroom risotto and some sauteed veggies. I think the trick might be to lighty pan-fry them first and then bake. For some reason I have been trying to perfect these things since I got the cookbook for Christmas. It's sort of a culinary quest...

My other "fun" project for today is the Brobee pillow I'm trying to make for Luka. I know it would be much easier if I used my sewing machine (but I'd have to learn how to use it first) but there is something strangely satisfying about sewing a project by hand. I'll work on that when the kids are off to bed!

Tomorrow I will be baking cupcakes for Luka's third birthday and also trying to figure out how to fashion a guitar cake for his birthday party. The cake decorating is a major undertaking for a not-so-crafty girl like myself, so I really hope it turns out good. If it does, I'll post a picture.

No comments: