Friday, November 14, 2008

Child's Play

I just set the kids up with chenille strips and puff balls to play while I try to get some things done.  It's amazing how difficult it can be to keep two young children happy and active while still trying to maintain some semblance of order around here.  Thankfully, my boys are very creative.  Even though they don't like to do things away from me for very long (unless of course it involves splashing water or juice or something messy), what they do choose to do when they are on their own is fascinating.  I love to listen to their exchanges...Luka likes to teach Cas how to do different things, and Cas likes to put his own spin on them.  Right now, Luka is constructing an airplane from the chenille strips, and trying to get Cas to do the same, but Cas is more interested in throwing the puff balls around.  He just came in to show me that he filled Nate's shoes with the puff balls and said "Yay Dada!"  I think he wants to surprise Nate with these lovely gifts in his shoes.  

Well, I can see that I only have a limited amount of time to try to do these dishes before this craft loses its appeal and the chenille strips turn into lightsabers...more later.

No comments: