Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Strawberry Moon and Baking for Barack...

Tonight's full moon is the strawberry moon. I mentioned a few posts ago that I am trying to get back into the habit of re-connecting with the moon cycles, and adding a special element to our dinner that corresponds with each particular moon.

There were a multitude of wonderful things I could do for the strawberry moon, but since our first CSA share comes this Friday and I am expecting strawberries, I didn't want to have to buy any more than I already have. Luckily, I had enough to make a no-bake strawberry pie with chocolate chunks, recipe courtesy of Colleen Patrick Goudreau's Joy of Vegan Baking. It is in the refrigerator right now setting. I took some pictures because it is a lovely "sunset pink" color, unfortunately my food photography leaves a lot to be desired and the photo made it look more like pepto-bismol.

This coming Saturday, Obama supporters across the country will be taking part in a "Hungry for Change" bake sale. This bake sale is organized by Move On to raise money for Barack Obama's campaign. My contribution will be banana chocolate chip muffins. Our local event here in Dearborn will be at Ford Field (Cherry Hill & Brady St. ) at noon. So stop by and buy some vegan muffins! :)

No comments: